Follow the Adventures of Lizzy in Izzy

Follow the Adventures of Lizzy in Izzy
Follow the Adventures of
Lizzy in Izzy

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Young Hadassah Ball

We had an awesome time at the Young Hadassah Ball on Thursday night at the Inbal Hotel- shout out to Leora- AMAZING job! This was such a fun event for an extremely important cause: to help Hadassah Hospital serve Jerusalem’s children, providing them with top-notch facilities to match the first-rate medical care.
So when you hear "ball" where I come from, you think "fancy."  Well, in Israel "fancy" is defined quite differently (note my past references to the lack of high heels sold, bought, or worn here).  The invitation said the following regarding requested attire: "*Black Tie (formal attire) ***NO JEANS***"
That leaves a lot of wiggle room.  Now this may shock you, but I didn't exactly pack my ballgown for this trip, nor did Ira pack his tux.  The wiggle room made things easy for Ira...dark suit, fun tie, pocket square. BUT what do I wear!? Sara told me I could wear anything, but I was pretty skeptical.  I only have a couple somewhat nice dresses here and one that's really nice, so I figured I'd wear the really nice one.  Well, Sara and Lauren both said definitely not to wear the really nice one in Jerusalem...not worth it.  (Some of you girls can relate to this and know how it is; you can only wear the same fancy dress so many times before it loses that special "I feel so pretty in you!" quality, so better to save the fancy one, considering we have about 23 weddings between now and September.)  I was still unsure until the last minute, but the disgusting weather made the decision very easy.  I didn't even wear my fancy shoes.  I wore what I call my "rain booties."  They may look dressy, but don't be fooled; they have traction on the bottom and are rain and snow proof.  They have weathered many a storm with me (pun intended).  I decided to go with a peachy-tan dress with a girly, shrunken tuxedo jacket  and of course my massive, vinatge clip-ons.  I may not have packed the ballgown, but you better believe I packed the bling!
We shmoozed, we boozed (some of us more than others ;-)), and we got down on the dance floor.  
My parents are coming tomorrow afternoon and we have a very exciting 10 days planned with them (thanks Laur, love you!).  I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited about their arrival! I can't wait to update all of you about our time here with them. Until then my loves...xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment