Follow the Adventures of Lizzy in Izzy

Follow the Adventures of Lizzy in Izzy
Follow the Adventures of
Lizzy in Izzy

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

URGENT NEWS REGARDING MY COMPUTER

URGENT NEWS:
MY COMPUTER HAS CRASHED…literally…into the ground.


Now, I would love to tell you that I was so inspired by this class I had just come from, on the idea that everything we do should in some way strengthen our service to G-d, that I came home and threw my computer on the ground as a symbol of discarding all that is non-spiritual.  But, considering I almost just began this post by saying: “Stop EVERYTHING you are doing and say Tehillim for my computer!!” you can see my priorities have yet to improve.  Maybe Hashem is trying to tell me something? Like I could be doing better things with my time than updating facebook and Lizrael? Nah…

Here’s how it happened.  I woke up yesterday morning and my internet was not working.  I thought I may have acquired some insane virus from this website I’ve been using to stream my TV shows (HELLO I CANNOT GO 3 MONTH WITHOUT THE BACHELOR AND GOSSIP GIRL…get real!!!!!!!).  I worked on my computer for over 3 hours, had a crazy anxiety attack that involved tears and mild self-mutilation (just some hair pulling and nail cuticle destruction) and finally cleaned it off and got everything working smoothly again.  I was SOOOO relieved.  Right before I left to go learn some Torah, I posted the following on facebook:
For as much time as technology "saves" I think I spend more time trying to repair all of my technological devices...kill me.”
I mamash had NOOOOOO idea what “more time” really meant. IF ONLY I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW. Now I FREAKING know. 
I came home from my classes and was SO excited to finally get to Skype with my beloved Jennifer Foofoo Dawn Jfest Freeman.  Seeing her face reminded me how beautiful life can truly be.  Though I had been feeling under the weather for several days, my voice, which has a tendency to carry (noooo…), finally perked up, and I guess I was speaking even louder than usual.  My downstairs neighbor/property manager called me and told me I needed to “keep it down.”  I was quite annoyed, but I moved my Jfest skype reunion into the bedroom.  As I put the computer down on the bed and resumed the shmooze I must have been so excited that I may have moved drastically, but I don’t remember exactly…it’s all a blur…(similar to how Jackie Kennedy Onassis described her experience of JFK’s assassination in the book I’m reading… Did I just compare my computer trauma to JFK’s assassination? Too soon? I know, I’m mamish walking a thin line with the dramatizing here.).  Anyway, Jenn, if you’re out there, YES I am alive, but my computer is in critical condition.  It had an unfortunate meeting with the hard wood floor.  It turns on and then goes black, the turns on, and goes black, repeatedly.  I know this because I watched it do this last night for 79 consecutive minutes. Some man named Oz said he will see if it’s fixable if I pay him 180 shekels.  He said my hard drive may be damaged, but he can’t tell yet.  What choice do I have?  The man speaks English! I think if he succeeds I will call him Dr. Oz and try to get him his own TV show on the Oprah Network or something. 
Obviously I haven’t backed up my computer in forever so the value of the computer is worth itself in the music I have purchased on it that I will not be able to retrieve if my hard drive is unsalvageable.  FML.  Thank goodness for facebook which acts as an external hard drive for my 9 million pictures.

I wanted to write this hilarious post about erev Shabbos in Mea Shearim and how the pizza store has separate lines for men and women so their elbows don’t accidentally graze one another, but we will all have to wait on that for the moment.  Please Oz, we’re all counting on you!!!!

P.S. I am writing this from Ira’s computer.  He is willing to share with me as long as he is not home.  I am trying to decide which I value more, computer access or my husband…
What was that about priorities again?

1 comment:

  1. U should be able to regain purchased music by logging in with your user name and password

    ReplyDelete